Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Henry's First Day of School

I'm going to go ahead and write this post as if I haven't been MIA for the past month. I've been busy, and any free time I have available has been spent sleeping/cleaning/or pinning things I'll never do/buy/make on Pinterest.



Today was Henry's first day of preschool. For some reason, everyone's asked how I have dealt with it. Blank stare. I suppose they are expecting me to confess that I broke down in the parking lot and ran in to watch him from the window. But that would be a lie. Instead, I did this. I flew to Austria and danced around and got back just in time for the school to call me and pick Henry up...early.

Yes, Henry has separation anxiety and after an hour and a half of off and on crying, the school called me to pick him up. Apparently he would be fine, but then another little boy would start crying and it would set him off again and vice versa. His mom was smart enough to bring flowers to the teachers. Damn.

 Of course, by the time I arrived to pick Henry up it was recess and if there's one thing Henry knows how to do, it's wreck shop on the playground. So I just waited around until the early release at 11. When I walked in, he started crying again and leaped out of his teacher's arms. The kid was in shambles.

Needless to say, I'm hoping Thursday goes better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Henry!

    I hope it didn't hurt your momma heart too much!

    Hoping Thursday goes better for both of you!

    ReplyDelete