Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Sky is Falling!

So I had grounded myself from the Internet because I was becoming one of those people who 'likes' everything on Facebook, but I was at dinner and--- holy shit! Oh my God! Did you know that a meteorite came down and landed in Russia? Like some time this past week? I would have been so embarrassed about not knowing that if I were the type to be embarrassed.

I was actually really upset there for a minute. Am I that out of the loop that I could harm my children? I mean what would have happened if a meteorite were headed toward DC? In the movies, DC and NYC are the first places affected by meteors, aliens, and other apocalyptic disasters, so it's a valid concern. Before I felt the need to self-medicate for my ineptitude, I realized that had a meteor--apocalyptic or just regular meteor- hit DC, I would've been exactly where I needed to be. In a basement fort. Made out of couch cushions.

Whew! I've downloaded the Washington Post app and am vowing to read the current news once a day. Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment