Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Crash

Diet Cokes: 1
Cookies: 1
Money Spent: none... yet.

Presents are opened, dinners have been eaten,  and the inevitable Christmas crash is here. I am fighting a cold and PRAYING Henry doesn't get sick. He's had a little bit of a runny nose and has this weird red eye thing going on, but I put the humidifier on, so I'm hoping that keeps him from getting sick.

I've been sick while taking care of a baby before, and it is not fun. It's so hard because the smallest task, like changing a diaper, take all the effort I can muster. Needless to say, I have been taking lots of naps and drinking lots of tea, which is soothing in itself.

But the real crash is the post-holiday blues. You know the feeling? It's almost anti-climactic/nothing to look forward to feeling? Now that I've written that, it looks like I'm depressed, but it's not that! It's just that you spend all this time looking forward to this one day, and it's over so fast!

I guess I will focus on the good things to look forward to instead! One thing that's awesome is all the Christmas money we received. As you may know, my imaginary readers, we only have one income, so the Christmas money is going to really come in handy. I was a little worried how we were going to pay our HOA fees for this quarter, but that's solved! We can also pay off our Home Depot card and still have a little money to play with.

I'm considering doing some shoe shopping. I need a new pair of black ballet flats, so I'm considering these:
Ballet Flats
They're less than $15, so what's the big deal, right? Well, I've bought some shoes from Target before that pinch and I never wear them, so it's like taking money and lighting it on fire. Really irksome.

I'm also considering these:
Boots

I feel like they are more motorcycle than riding, though.  I really want these:
Steve Madden Boots

But they're $130! Ouch. I have them in the cognac color and, supposedly, you can wear them with black, but I don't know how I feel about that... Kayley Heeringa pulls it off, but I feel like it would look like an accident rather than intentional if I did it.

So we'll see. Ryan, Henry, and I are going to brave the malls tomorrow to take a few things back and get new stuff, so I guess I do have something to look forward to after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment