Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Bash...?

Diet Coke: 1
Hours of Sleep: 4
Cookies: 1... plus 2 pieces of chocolate and 1 bowl of ice cream. Eww. I hate myself.
Money Spent: $70... but maybe a lot more depending on insurance. We'll see.

I have never experienced such a sad thing as a sick child. Seriously. It is heart breaking. Yesterday, Bean woke me up around 5:30 a.m. with this barking cough. I wanted to cry because I felt entirely responsible. I have been feeling sick for days and the only way he could have gotten sick was from me. Needless to say, we spent the day in pajamas and watched Zac Efron in Charlie St. Cloud. I see what all the fuss is about, but don't tell Ryan.

Last night was not much better. Even though Bean went to bed at 9, I couldn't sleep. I ALWAYS think of that line from Collective Soul's song, "Runaway Train" on nights like that: "So tired that I couldn't even sleep..." That was me. Hate that. I think I dropped off around 1 and Bean woke up at 5 again. With a barking cough again. So sad. Ryan and I have spent the day watching movies and playing with Henry. I had anticipated spending more time contemplating my resolutions a la Gretchen Rubin style, but like Voltaire said: "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". Like Nike said: "Just Do It".

Resolutions:
1. Cuss Less- I cuss like a drunken, angry sailor in a strip club with his mates. I have a child. This is bad.
2. Take care of ME- Just because I have a baby, doesn't mean I have to look like Buzz's girlfriend. Woof.
3. Drink Less- I average two beers a night. This is borderline alcoholism, right? At first it was out of necessity. Now it's out of habit.
4. Work Out More- Meaning at least 3 times a week. Preferably 4, but the more the better.
5. Be Nicer to Ryan- I have a very short fuse and he (and the dog, George) have a tendency of being at the receiving end of my anger. Poor boys.
6. Tackle one nagging task a week- there are so many liiiittttlllle things that I put off because they are tedious and I'd rather be watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills than complete them. Seriously though, at some point you have to take the trash out, you know?
7. Get a Handle on My $- I can't afford not to be more mindful of where all the money is going.

I think it's a formidable, but feasible challenge. We'll see how it goes, right?

Here's to the happiest of years!


Bean, in one of my Target finds, says Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment