Saturday, July 14, 2012

Catch up

What a week! Henry's birthday, working on the big boy room, preparing for friends and relatives to visit, and trips to the gym have completely sucked up my time. The one activity that I have spent three days working on, though, is our family budget.

I'm giving myself 15 minutes to write, so if this entry leaves much to be desired, sorry. I just need to mop my floors because my feet are starting to stick to the floor. True story.

Anyways, since our air conditioning crisis, I've realized how mindless I've been with money. I feel like in a home, you can pick a clean house, happy/clean/healthy kids, an in-shape mom, a stocked fridge and pantry, or a balanced budget, but you are never going to have it all. (There's a pin for that floating on pinterest, but I just wasted five minutes looking for it to no avail). I've been so focused on the rest, that I've totally let the budget slide because I'm not Wonder Mom, and I really shouldn't be drinking that much caffeine.

Ryan and I took Dave Ramsey's 13 week money course and made such great headway, but we drifted away from our budget once Ryan switched jobs because it was so confusing to budget during that in between time. We never really got back on. It took me THREE DAYS-- no naps, all my free time-- to get back on track. Thankfully, we'll be ready to go once Ryan gets paid again and the mama bear in me can calm down.

The bad news is, during those three days, I did no laundry. No vacuuming. No sweeping/mopping-- nada. My house is embarrassing at the moment. I love Gretchen Rubin's saying that "outer order contributes to inner calm", but right now, my house is a shit show. No wonder I'm so stressed out; everywhere I turn I have something that needs to be swept/wiped down/put away/thrown out. On top of everything else, I am really starting to feel this baby's weight, and I feel downright unwieldy. I am constantly exhausted, and I still have three months to go! WEEE!

My time is almost up, so I'm going to give you a little preview of what's to come in this next week's posts, which is a lot of catch-up posts: Henry's Yo Gabba Gabba birthday, Henry's list of favorite things for June, Big Boy room progress, Summer Docket update, Fabulous Blogger Ribbon, and a pinterest challenge.

Now to tackle my floors. WOOF.


No comments:

Post a Comment