Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Single Mom Day 1

Ryan got this great new job a few weeks ago, but along with the perks (better $, iPad, iPhone4S, laptop, closer commute), come the cons (travel... that's it so far). I'm a terrible cook and housekeeper to begin with, so not having anyone to help me with that and having to take care of Henry 24/7 is kind of a dagger. I don't know how moms have a real job. Props to you, ladies!

As if having Ryan out of town wasn't bad enough, the weather has turned from a sunny, gorgeous 78 degrees to a miserable, rainy, humid 70 degrees. Read: No nature walks. No playgrounds. No blowing bubbles naked in the backyard. Neat.

Thankfully, I thought ahead and had signed Henry up for a free morning event at the library. So after a quick visit to Petco (I was running out of ideas to occupy him beforehand), we settled in.

There's a hamster in there, I swear.

Mother Goose. Obviously.


I am all about singing songs and getting into costumes, but this lady had no helpers. This is a problem when you have a room full of toddlers and preschoolers. Seeing as though I lied about Henry's age to get him into the free event anyway, Henry was interested in oh, about 10 minutes of the program (oh, please. He'll be 2 in almost a month, so it wasn't really a stretch to say he is already 2).


Henry did not care for the costuming portion of the show.

Needless to say, the event wasn't exactly a success for us. We headed out after a half hour because Henry got bored and kept trying to go up and peek behind the screen. That's my boy!

Tomorrow we have our first playdate with our new playgroup. Here's hoping it's a group with plenty of boys.






No comments:

Post a Comment