Thursday, May 24, 2012

Single Mom Day 3

I think up until last night I'd been okay with Ryan gone, but then the shit hit the fan. Or should I say the piss hit the bed. And the vomit hit the floor.

Henry woke up yesterday and puked all over himself. I attribute it to all the water he drank while playing out back in the baby pool. Of course, he got it all over himself, the bed and the floor. Awesome. And in my rush to get to our playgroup, I loaded the dryer but didn't start it. This was problematic when I needed to load the washing machine with sheets that Henry peed on... I blame myself. Who puts a naked toddler on her bed while going to get his diaper? This girl does. Idiot.

Needless to say, after a late night cleaning sheets, pillows, blankets and a comforter, I woke up bright and early to go to the laundromat.

Weeeeeeeee!



Occupying a toddler in a laundromat for 25 minutes is a special type of hell. Also awful is hauling that mattress pillow top in and out with a stroller. Weee!

Anyways, Ryan showed up around 3 o'clock, and the house was a mess, I hadn't showered, and nothing was thawing for dinner. Welcome home!

Ryan's absence definitely gave me a little perspective. First, single moms have the hardest job on the planet. Period. Second, as much as I tell myself that I do everything around here, I do not. Ryan actually does a lot. Don't tell him that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment