Monday, June 11, 2012

What I Am Looking Forward to...

I have been in a funk for the past few hours. I finally made it to Body Pump and now I have this pain in my neck. (I will spare you from any 'pain in the neck' jokes).

One of my favorite books of all time-- and I'm a tough critic, having been a high school English teacher-- is Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project. (Big shout out to my friend, Casey, who knows my taste in books and sent it to me). I don't remember which chapter or what resolution made me start doing this, but ever since I read the book two years ago, I've kept a mental "Things to Look Forward to" list in my head. Sometimes I think of things by the week, and sometimes I think of things I'm looking forward to in the months ahead. Whenever I'm in a mood like I'm in now, I always think of the things I have to look forward to in order to spring myself out of my little emo cave.

I thought I'd share and maybe inspire you to keep a 'look forward to' list as well:

June:

  • Beach Planning Trip tomorrow night (*like Rubin says, sometimes it's the preparation and anticipation of an event that brings you joy as well as the actual event itself).
  • Family Reunion this weekend (some people put 'fun' in dysfunctional, but my family puts the 'it's on' in dysfunctional. We out fun people).
  • Sigma Kappa Beach Trip 2012... hahahaha :)
July:
  • 4th... nothing beats 4th of July in the DMV (DC, Metro, and VA)
  • Henry's 2nd Birthday*
  • SD and SC family coming to visit
  • Nashville Bachelorette Party!!!
August:
  • Our 6th wedding anniversary (!)
  • a vast openness of nothing planned
September:
  • Henry starts preschool (!!!!!)
  • Final preparations for baby #2
  • Buying a van- yes. I can't wait. more on that in a future post.
October
  • Baby #2-Hoooooly moly!
  • My friends, Hollis and Ricky, are due with their baby!
  • My friend Jen's wedding
  • Halloween- it's the start to the holidays AND I get to dress up two little monkeys this year! 
That's as far as I am thinking. Baby #2 coming is pretty much all I need to think about to really cheer me up-- and it's worked! I'm already out of my funk. Now off to see what I can do about this pain in the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment