Friday, June 22, 2012

The Threshold of Hell

Holy Blogger, bless me for I have sinned. It has been eight days since my last confession.

As the title of my post may indicate, I have, indeed, reached the threshold of hell and lived to speak of it. Like Dante and his nine circles of hell, I too have ventured to special nooks and crannies of hell this week that Mr. Dante forgot to mention.

Circle 2.25- Sick Children: Henry is usually (somewhat) well-tempered. However, being under the weather, he has the nasty disposition of a... well... me. Impatient. Hot-tempered. Grouchy. Sooo who wants to be my friend?

Circle 2.50- Sick & Pregnant with a Sick Toddler: Henry is an awesome viral cesspool and managed to contaminate me OR my doctor is right and this tropical weather we are having really is having a field day with my immune system. Either way, I haven't felt great. I'm feeling better now, as is he THANKS BE, but the lingering mucous is really annoying. Gone are the days when you could call in from work and watch Lifetime movies while popping DayQuil. No, you must silently suffer when you are pregnant.

Circle 2.75- Sick & Pregnant with a Sick Toddler & running errands: I love planning for trips. I hate the constant trips to the store because you realized that it's not practical to lug a 3 lb. Costco size of laundry detergent all the way to the beach and you need a smaller tub of detergent. Henry screams a lot of the time in the store.

Circle 10- PACKING: This act deserves its own circle. Packing is the worst. WORST. You have to fit everything in a suitcase and then pray that every thing fits in the car. I have a pile of "if it fits" items like beach chairs and Ryan's suitcase. Priorities.

I feel I can be a little negative nancy today because tomorrow I'LL BE AT THE BEACH! (sober) BUT AT THE BEACH!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment